Position: Program Officer
Department: Environmental Management Practices
Responsible to: Executive Director
Location: EDEN office at Rr.Luigj Gurakuqi, Pall. 12 B, Ap 15, Tirana, Albania
EDEN is a non for - profit, non political organization which aims to contribute in the sustainable development and healthy environment through informing educating and offering services to the interested actors and partners.
EDEN Center is one of the most active non-governmental organizations in Albania working in the field of environmental protection, environmental education and sustainable development. EDEN center was established in March 2004 drawing on the expert assistance received from Milieukontakt Oost Europa. The organization is based in Tirana and operates mostly in Albania.
We believe that the sustainable development in a healthy environment is possible.
EDEN center promotes the concept of sustainable development with governmental institutions and assists state authorities in drafting environmental policies and programs. It also supports local initiatives for environmental education and strengthens cooperation among environmental NGOs, local structures, business and other key actors. EDEN center develops educational programs, publishes related materials and organizes public events aimed at increasing public awareness about the environment. The organization runs an Environmental Resource Centre and it has a groups of highly professional trainers delivering capacity building programs for both public and private actors.
Description of Position
EDEN Center is considering employing an experienced individual to work in a job that blends the coordination tasks of Environmental Practices Management (EPM) programs of EDEN center. The coordinator will be responsible for the design and implementation of the EPM portfolio in line with Cente’s strategic plan.
A. Education: University degree in the field of Environment, Biochemistry, environmental engineering. Master’s degree highly preferred.
B. Work experience: Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, with 3 years experience in project management. Strong involvement over last years in civil society sector. Prior experiences with donors community operating in Albania is an asset.
C. Skills: Excellent research, written and oral communication skills; interpersonal skills; demonstrated reliability, attention to detail, leadership skills. Knowledge of basic computer programs and English fluency is a must. Able to work independently and undertake initiatives for other programs for the Center. Able to work under time pressure.
D. Capabilities: strong organizational, writing and communication skills and experience in working in a team.
E. Conditions: Full time position, inspiring working environment, excellent capacity building and networking opportunities. A three months probation period will be applied.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of assigned program area.
- Develops proposals in the assigned initiative program area.
- Coordinate and monitor activities on a continuous basis and insure that the implementation is being done properly.
- Work with Center’s Director in preparing proposals and narrative reports for the programs run by the Center.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationship with key actors in the field and especially with ministry of environment.
- Participate in all network meetings and represent the EDEN Center in international meetings.
- Filing documentation and reporting.
- Responsible for logistical arrangements in preparation and execution of project activities.
- Take upon his/her any other tasks relevant for carrying out the annual programme after consultation with the project staff.
- Coordination and exchange of information with ENGOs.
- Ready to work indipendently and pro-active person
- Ready to take responsibility, result driven
- Ability to work in team and in an international context
- Ability to travel out of duty station
- Flexible, attentive to details, motivated, enthusiastic and responsible.
Interested individuals should send:
Curriculum Vitae and a motivation letter to email@example.com, latest by 3rd of June 2010. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified and will be required to provide letters of references.
Potential starting date is 1st of July 2010.
Should you have questions or needs for further clarifications please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Download here PDF version of this announcement