TERMS OF REFERENCE
Program portfolios: Public participation in environmental decision-making; Climate Change and Energy; Green Economy
Job title: Project manager
Position: Full time in EDEN offices
To apply and submit your application please follow this link: https://rb.gy/tgt9b
Deadline: 7 June 2013
- Purpose and objective of the assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to ensure the appropriate and professional implementation of the project/projects of the program portfolios in the most effective manner possible. In particular to make every effort to ensure that the Projects` objectives/outputs are achieved according to the work plan, budget and within the contracted project period and operational procedures and succeed with follow ups and synergies.
• The successful development and implementation of all projects` procedures
• The achievement of the projects` main goal within the given constraints and optimization of the allocated necessary inputs
• Productive guidance, efficient communication and supervision of the projects` key actors and team
This position requires that the program officer should all the time acts as an ambassador for the EDEN center and its activities.
- Duties and responsibilities of the job
For this position EDEN is aiming at having a full-time person with commitment, skills and willingness to be engaged in the environmental non-profit sector and the ambition to lead the working portfolios.
For the projects/campaigns he/she is managing and supervising, the project manager will:
- Develop in-depth understanding of EDEN and its manual of procedures;
- Develop in-depth understanding project/campaign and be familiar with the projects` documentation (which should include but not limited to): the donor contract; required Donor procedure manuals; the approved Project proposal and budget.
- Finalize and Update Projects action plans in consultation with project team and project partners where necessary.
- Establish and implement Projects monitoring and evaluation systems in order to provide regular information on progress towards objectives and assess the impact of the Project.
- Monitor expenditure on periodically basis against the approved budget. In cooperation with financial officer review expenditure projections to ensure that expenditure stays within budget. Significant actual or anticipated expenditure variances should be anticipated together with any recommendations for changes to the budget.
- Ensure that any necessary changes to the project design, objectives, outputs or budget are identified and brought to the attention of executive director and financial officer and communicated to the donor management unit in a timely manner
- Ensure proper e-filing and hard dossiers of his/her projects and other working documents in EDEN as well as monitoring, interim and final narrative reports
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with existing and new partners and stakeholders` with which EDEN center works
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. Trouble shoots project problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Serve as point of communication between EDEN and external resources and deepen existing partnerships, create new partnerships and ensure that third parties’ views are managed towards the best solution
- Prepare ToRs for the contract services and supplies within his/her projects
- Chair and facilitate meetings and events of the organization where appropriate, required and needed
- Providing support to other EDEN staff and Executive Director when requested
- Design concept notes and prepare project proposals for different donor calls falling under the working portfolios of EDEN
- Ensure proper communication materials, public information and PR of his/her assigned projects and EDEN initiatives including social media, visual and written media as well
- Act as EDEN campaigner in different sectorial meetings at national, regional and international levels and as EDEN contact point in the different networks where EDEN is member and active.
- Monitor the implementation of environmental policies and provide input to the EU country annual report on environment, transport and energy chapters;
- Monitor media articles/ clips related to environmental destructive and problematic projects and act as whistleblower when a destructive project is made evident and come up with an advocacy campaign action plan;
- Actively participate and support other activities of the organization including fundraising and in the preparation of educative materials and events
- Support EDEN Director content wise, in public appearing or activities that EDEN is represented where PIP issues are raised;
- Any other related duties which may be requested by the Executive Director from time to time
1. Qualification and skills requested
- Master's degree preferably in a related field of study like: environment, sustainable development, climate change, nature sciences, project management, political studies, etc.
- A minimum of three years of experience in project management and implementation within an NGO or related environment
- Ability to develop and foster external organizational relationships and applied representation skills.
- Readiness to work for environmental topics in the country and the region
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Advanced written and spoken English Language skills
Personal and core competence:
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership
- Ability to coach and mentor staff in a dynamic environment, national and international
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of EDEN. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to EDEN's core values and environmental principles
- Is well planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, time pressure out of duty station and out of duty schedule.
- Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
Term of References